LED grow light technology is relatively new. One of its advantages is the ability to produce a multitude of different emission spectra.
In this article, we discuss what constitutes a full spectrum LED grow light and whether they are advantageous for plant growth. Choosing a best led grow light is not difficult, but you should know more to make a best choice.
What exactly is full spectrum LED grow light and why is it important?
First, you must understand the light spectrum, or color wavelengths. It is the range of light colors we see or didn’t see. Visible light that our eyes can see is between 380-740 nanometers. And similarly, the leaves of plants also enjoy these visible wavelength; the chlorophyll uses these light to manufacture food. The green light is an exception. Because chlorophyll only reflects green and they don’t absorb it, that explains why plants’ leaves are green.
So for the most parts, plants respond to the blue and red colors very well. These are the two most important wavelengths that plants need during their growth. Basically, plants need blue light for their vegetative phase and red light for the flowering period.
Understanding that, many grow light manufacturers have made it possible to produce the light colors plants need with their LEDs light. Many modern LED grow lights have a programmable setting to produce different color wavelengths. By this, you can control the type of lights at the different ratios for plants at different stages of growth in their life.
These types of LED lights with a very wide or full range of color wavelengths are called full-spectrum LED grow lights.
So two of the most important criteria that affect plant growth are light intensity (or the power of light output), and light colors (color wavelengths).
For light intensity, you can opt for the powerful light, but for light colors, you should choose one with a wide range of color wavelength (or full spectrum).
With full-spectrum lights, you can almost harness the same power as the sun and is one of the reasons why it is one of the most powerful lights in the market today. For full-spectrum lights, these are something’s that you should know about them to see if they are the right fit for you and your indoor garden:
- According to experts, full-spectrum grow lights can produce bigger plant harvests in a shorter period of time. Aside from having a healthier harvest, you can also expect your plants to have faster growth and development due to the power of these types of lights.
- Full-spectrum grow light can mimic the UV rays from the sun, which helps your plants grow better due to more light reaching them. These types of grow lights can emit light with a different wavelength that makes it invisible to the naked human eye.
- Since this type of grow light is considered advanced, it can be very expensive. Even though it may cost more than some other types of lights, it is still considered a smart investment due to it providing almost the same power of the sun as well as helping your plants grow more healthily.
- HIGH EFFICIENCY & HIGHER QUALITY YIELDS: VIPARSPECTRA XS2000 LED grow light adopts the latest high-quality LEDs technology-Samsung LM301B diodes, high energy efficiency with 2.7 umol/J, generates more usable lighting per watt and provides better light canopy penetration.
- OPTIMAL FULL SPECTRUM & FLEXIBLE DIMMIER: Consists of 3000K warm white, 5000K white, 660nm deep red, and 730nm IR light, which providing your plants with excellent full spectrum led grow lights. The red and IR light are particularly useful during bloom, which can speed up bloom time and enhance high yields to obtain the ideal harvest. An added dimmer knob is featured to manipulate the light intensity at liberty, provides desired needs for plants in all stages from veg to bloom.
- SILENT OPERATION & SOLID CONSTRUCTION: No fans zero noise. Large areas of solid aluminum heat sinks help you to achieve the ideal cooling system. Adopts high safety performance MEAN WELL HLG series driver to achieve high PAR output, longer lifespan to speed up plant’s grow processes and boost yields while saving you on your energy bill.
- AMPLE COVERAGE & LESS ENERGY CONSUMPTION: Comparable to traditional 600W HPS/MH while consuming only 240W, which helps to get 50% higher yield harvest and save costs. Perfect for 4’x4’ vegetative coverage at 24”and 3’x3’flowering coverage at 20”. Remember to properly adjust the height and brightness accordingly to your plants desired level for optimal growth.
- WORRY-FREE WARRANTY & FRIENDLY SERVICE: We provide 36-Month US Local warranty and 30-day money-back guarantee. Professional guidance, friendly customer service and US local after-sales service provides you with a pleasant shopping experience and helps your plants grow better. Make sure you purchase authentic VIPARSPECTRA grow lights. If you have any questions, please contact us at any time.
- LOWER RUNNING COSTS & HIGHER-QUALITY YIELDS: SF LED Grow Lights utilize the latest in high yielding LEDs technology today-Samsung LM301B diodes, high Energy Efficiency with 2.9 umol/J, delivers powerful light output and uniform canopy penetration to resulting maximum higher yields. Only consumes 100w, running 50% less power than the HPS or other SMD LEDs or Blurple lamps. Veg footprint is 3 x 3 ft, Flowering footprint is 2 x 2 ft.
- CUSTOMIZED DIMMING DESIGN: Upgraded SF series growing lights have a dimming knob and light switch. A single light can be adjusted the light intensity at liberty. Multi-light Connection with unified dimming especially beneficial for large area of indoor growing and commercial planting.
- IDEAL FOR ALL GROWTH STAGES: Excellent full spectrum- white, blue, red and IR (3000K, 5000K, 660nm and IR 760nm). 3000K providing more reddish light and the 5000K providing more blueish. The 660nm red and IR light is especially useful during bloom, where it speeds up flowering time and boost yields. Uniformly across the surface and deep into the roots and bottom of canopy for consistent, highest quality flowers.
- WELL MADE & SOLID CONSTRUCTION: No Fan Noise Free. High Efficient and reliable MEAN WELL Driver. Aluminum heat sink is thick and sturdy, protective covers for cables; User-Friendly Packaging. Quality components mean the light lasts longer, SF Light takes good cares of you with more considerate design, you can easily save money without purchasing lights frequently.
- VALUE FOR THE MONEY: SF LED Plant Lights are often copied but will never have our quality or commitment, we provides 3 years of after-service of local maintenance center(US/CA/UK/DE). Make sure you purchase authentic SF grow lights, really can give you need from a high-quality grow lights – at a price that is affordable. For any questions, feel free to e-mail us and we will help you resolve it. Quality backed by our ironclad!!!
For indoor gardeners, grow lights have become essential to their setup as they help ensure that all of their plants grow well and healthy. With grow lights being popular among indoor garden enthusiasts, we have seen a lot of technological developments when it comes to these artificial light sources. From the traditional incandescent bulbs, we recommends full spectrum led grow lights for you wish you have a good harvest .