If you want to stream channels like ESPN, Hulu, Netflix, HBO on your Roku device then you have to link the Roku account using roku.com/linkaccount. Activating the Roku account is very important for completing the device setup. Apart from this, the Roku account is the medium to store all the data of users which includes password, channel preferences, channel payment details, etc. In this post, we are going to share the simple guidelines with you that can help you to link your Roku account to enjoy the online streaming services
Prerequisites to link the Roku account
- Wired or wireless connection ( mandatory for the Roku stick).
- Network credentials such as username and password.
- Roku streaming player.
How to Activate the Roku account?
- Turn on your computer and double click on the web browser appearing on the desktop screen.
- Make sure that your computer is connected to the internet.
- In the URL box, type roku.com/linkaccount and hit the enter button. This will help you to create the account on Roku. When you hit the enter button, you will be directed to the page where you can create the Roku account.
- Now, you have to provide the required information in the given fields.
- After this. Check and make sure that the email id you are providing is not already being used for the Roku account. Also, your email id must be active.
- Check the boxes and confirm to make sure that you are above 18.
- At last, you have to hit the ‘Submit’ tab.
- Now, allow your devices to process and revert.
- In the next step, you are supposed to log in to your account by using the login credentials that you have just set.
- To make a purchase, you have to provide the PayPal information on your credit card details. Although, always remember that you will not be charged until you purchase any channel.
- Now, you can set the Roku account pin. The Roku account Pin can help you to block the unauthorized access to your account and the unauthorized transactions.
Roku Account Setup Without Credit Card
When you create the Roku account, you will get a prompt for submitting your credit card details. This information is useful for the subscription of Roku channels. You can skip this step and proceed for the other remaining steps to set up your Roku account without a credit card.
Link your device with the Roku account
- First of all, sign in to your Roku account to get the activation code.
- Go to the device player section.
- Now, wait for a while to check if the link code is appearing on your device.
- Browse the roku.com/linkaccount URL and provide the Roku link code.
- Soon, your screen will send you an alert that your device is successfully linked to the Roku account.
Facing Troubles In Linking the Roku Account? Here is what you need to do:
- First of all, identify and analyze the Roku error type.
- If there is something wrong with the Roku activation, check and verify the Roku activation steps mentioned above.
- Set the validity of your Roku account.
- Reset or restart your device and most of the problems will be resolved.
- To avoid the Roku channel activation issues, deactivate the channels, and then activate them again.
The Bottom Line
With the help of the above-mentioned guidelines, you can easily link your Roku account using the roku.com/linkaccount link. The linking process is very simple and easy to follow. However, there are chances that you may face trouble while linking your Roku account. So follow the mentioned troubleshooting steps and resolve your problem to successfully Link your Roku account and enjoy the Roku service. In case, you are unable to troubleshoot the problem on your own, we recommend you contact the experts and take their advice to find and fix the problem.