In academics, there are at least 10 different forms of assignments to deal with. And, it goes without saying that you cannot expect to add perfection to your paper without drawing proper references. No matter, whether you choose to use an APA citation generator or Chicago citation style generator to go about the paper, the references should appear flawless at the end of the day. In some cases, students would miss out on citing critical references. As a result, it would lead to unintentional plagiarism.
Thus, in order to avoid such adversities, you need to abide by the rules of referencing with precision. Read this insightful blog to know-how.
- Be careful with the referential credentials
There are a couple of essential elements that must be included in your references. If you miss out on the same, then it would only lead to plagiarism glitches and other concerns. So, take note of the credentials you must prioritize while going about the task of referencing and citation.
- Authors’ names
- Proper capitalization
- Flawlessly included parentheses
- Accurate citation of the work title, date, and location
- Be careful with the information you would use
There’s no point in using outdated information to add references and cite sources. Even if you have to use backdated information to cite constructive comparisons, then you must approach the task strategically.
Here are some useful suggestions on the same.
- If you are using backdated information, make it a point to arrange each detail in accordance with the chronological format.
- For example, do not come up with 2020’s information at the beginning and then move on to what was cited back in the year 1997.
- Also, focus on extracting research-based information, specifically from reliable platforms such as Google Scholar, Semantic Scholar, and ResearchGate.
- Check your paper for plagiarism errors
Wrongly referenced or unacknowledged academic papers and plagiarism are closely connected. So, you can’t just miss out on acknowledging each source of reference and check the same for plagiarism mistakes.
Also, it is absolutely crucial for you to evaluate and confirm that the working title, name of authors, and every other detail are in sync with the original work or the mother source of your references.