QuickBooks is considered as outstanding amongst other bookkeeping programming the world over. In any case, in spite of its faultless highlights that it offers its clients, there are as yet unavoidable specialized glitches that clients go over now and again.
Read How to Remove QuickBooks the File Exists Error
One of these normal errors is the renowned “File Exists” error. This error message can come up in an assortment of circumstances, for example, while downloading payroll, paying booked liabilities, and keeping in mind that opening a government or state structure. QB clients have regularly detailed this error, and they see this error as especially irritating.
The total error message “QuickBooks Error the File Exists” that clients go over in such circumstances is –
“The record you indicated can’t be opened. It must not be as of now being used by another program or a read-just record”
or on the other hand
“The Windows Error was The File Exists.”
Description: Window Error Message “The File Exists” –
“The record exists” or QuickBooks payroll update error “The document exists” is a disrupting error that may emerge in the accompanying examples
At the point when you are attempting to download an update for Payroll administration.
The document error may likewise happen while propelling the condition of government structures.
The error message can streak on the screen when you attempt to print from QuickBooks.
At the point when you make installment for your planned liabilities and error happens suddenly.
Subsequently, you will see an error message on the screen which says-
“The particular record that you have mentioned can’t open. Affirm, in the event that it isn’t utilized by some other program or a read-just record.”
Explanations behind Getting “(Windows) the File Exists” Error in QuickBooks:
Follow the Steps to Fix File Exists Error
To fix the QuickBooks error – document exists, you need to know the possible causes that can bring out the error. Your inert web association or dropped Internet bundles can offer ascent to the “a document being perused mistakenly” error. Ensure that you have refreshed your QuickBooks to the most recent accessible form to maintain a strategic distance from the error. At the point when a client doesn’t have the necessary authoritative rights on windows, at that point it is powerless to the error. Wrong QuickBooks establishment or estimated Internet security settings are likewise the possible explanations for the QuickBooks error the record exists.
Arrangement 1: Verify Internet Connectivity
- Open your Internet Browser and have a go at getting to any sheltered site like Intuit.com.
- On the off chance that you can get to the site, at that point follow the following investigating step or, in all likelihood contact your IT Administrator for fixing the web association.
Arrangement 2: Turn Off UAC on Windows
- Snap the Windows Start catch and type Control Panel.
- Select Control Panel and snap UAC (User Account Control).
- Snap Change User Account Control Settings and afterward move the slider to Never Notify other than the Turn Off UAC alternative.
- Snap OK and have a go at utilizing QuickBooks.
Arrangement 3: Reinstall QuickBooks utilizing Clean Install
- Press Windows + R and type appwiz.cpl in the Run box.
- Press Enter and find QuickBooks.
- Double tap QuickBooks and select Uninstall.
- Adhere to the on-screen directions to totally expel QuickBooks from Windows.
- Download and run QuickBooks Clean Install Tool from QuickBooks official site.
- Open the apparatus from the downloads and adhere to the guidelines showed on the screen to introduce QuickBooks.
- Once QuickBooks is introduced restart your PC and take a stab at refreshing payroll.
In the event that in the event that you are as yet confronting a similar error, at that point you can follow our article on How to Fix QuickBooks The File Exists Error with definite and progressed investigating steps. At any progression in the event that you need assistance of a specialist to walk you through the means you can generally contact us at our QuickBooks Error Support Number 1(800)-865-4183.