Peanut Butter and Oreo Bars – these are two products that are single-handedly responsible for getting people addicted to binge snacking, irrespective of age. Both have a very different taste but when put together, they do make an explosion of flavours that is irresistible once tried. In this article, we will talk about some of the premier peanut butter and Oreo bar recipes that are quite easy to make and is a delectable treat for the taste buds.
When there is a sweet tooth overdrive, and you feel like you want the thick and creamy texture of peanut butter but the cravings for some Oreo makes an uprising violently, combine both. Brands like Rostaa have introduced a wide range of healthy, organic, and pure peanut butter which can be used to make several recipes while still keeping up with a healthy diet.
Peanut Butter and Oreo Bars Recipe – Once you know the Hack, You Never Go Back
Let us talk about some mouth-watering, lip-smacking and drool-worthy recipes, combining the two of our favourite snacks – peanut butter and Oreo bars. Some people might have the notion that the two do not work together but they couldn’t be further from the truth. Try the following recipe and decide for yourself.
We have picked a tremendously special recipe for this purpose which is popularly called Peanut Butter Oreo Brownie Bars. Sometimes, we cannot make up our mind as to what we want – peanut butter or brownie. This oreo bars recipe lets you have the best of both worlds by combining the two in a fashion that is conducive to taste-bud elation.
Also Read : Top 10 Foods For Muscle Building
Here is a detailed list of all the ingredients that you would need to make the Peanut Butter Oreo Brownie Bars recipe a success. It has been listed according to the layer that it belongs to:
1. Peanut Butter Blondie Layer
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp of salt
- 2 tbsp of vanilla
- 3 decent sized eggs
- ¾ cup of peanut butter (you can go for organic variants like Alpino peanut butter which is made of 100% natural ingredients and contains no preservatives)
- 2 cups of brown sugar
- 2/3rd cups of butter (preferably unsalted)
This is all you need to create the first layer called the Peanut Butter Blondie Layer
2. Oreo Layer
- 24 pieces of Double Stuffed Golden Oreo Cookies
This is the layer where you add all the Oreo cookies.
3. The Brownie Layer
- 1 yolk of a decently big egg
- 1 decently sized egg
- ½ tbsp of salt
- 1/8th cup tbsp of baking soda
- 2 tbsp of butter (again, preferably unsalted)
- ¾ cups of cocoa powder
- ¼ cup of water
- 1 ¼ cups of granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp of butter
- 1/3rd cups of vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp of vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp of cornstarch
- ½ a cup of all-purpose flour
This is the layer that takes most ingredients but is one of the more crucial layers which you must get right for the recipe to work perfectly.
Once you have all the ingredients at your disposal, you need to follow the instructions mentioned below to make the perfect Peanut Butter Oreo Brownie Bars:
1. Peanut Butter Blondie Layer
- First you need to get the Peanut Butter Blondie layer right. You need to take a medium-sized bowl and place the peanut butter and the butter in it. Then you need to heat the bowl.
- You will need to constantly stir the mixture till it is very well combined and thorough.
- To this mixture, you need to add the aforementioned quantity of brown sugar. After this, you will need to stir the mixture thoroughly, again.
- Then, you need to add the eggs. Add them one at a time for better texture and taste and keep mixing them well in between adding the eggs.
- Then, you need to add salt and sugar (according to your taste or as per the quantity mentioned above) and vanilla.
- Now, you will have to stir the entire mixture well till it forms one homogenous and thick mixture.
- You will need to take a pan, roughly of the dimensions 9×13 and grease it well before transferring the entire mix into the pan.
- Once you pour it out, even out the surface with greased fingers or a spatula.
2. Golden Oreo Layer
This is the easiest layer to make. All you need to do is place the Oreos evenly, throughout the Peanut Butter Goldie Layer and garnish it with the cookies.
3. The Brownie Layer
Probably the trickiest part of the entire recipe, the brownie layer is quintessential to the oreo bars recipe and you must get it right. Here’s how:
- First, you will need to preheat the oven. 350F is recommended in this case.
- Then, you will need a medium-sized pot in which you will need to add: water, cocoa powder and sugar.
- You need to stir this mixture well and cook this mixture on medium heat for around 3 minutes or so. By then, the blend would be quite thorough and uniform.
- Then, you need to add the oil and the vanilla extract.
- Cook it on low heat, for an additional minute to allow it to mix properly.
- Take the mixture off of the heat and let it cool down for 5 minutes (let it sit).
- Then, add the eggs and the egg yolk.
- Stir the concoction well so that you get a thick and creamy texture.
- Add: cornstarch, baking soda and salt to the mixture and combine it well.
- Stir the mixture and fold the flour, very gently, with the help of a spatula (remember to not over mix the brew because otherwise, the brownies will be hard)
- Pour the batter over the Oreo layer uniformly.
- Bake the entire mix for around 35 minutes or so.
- Let the entire preparation cool before you cut it into bars (otherwise the brownies will tear).
Fun fact: If you store the Peanut Butter Oreo Brownie Bars in an airtight container, you can store them for up to 4 days and in case you store them in the freezer, they will be good to consume for 3 months.