Learn the ways to resolve QuickBooks error 41 while you try to create print or email a pay stub or payroll reports:
Bumped into Error code 41 and unable to come out of it? Well, need not worry anymore, as we have come with this article, where we will be endowing you with the causes and some effective solutions to the QuickBooks error code 41. QuickBooks PDF Converter Activation Error 41 is usually seen when QB uses an older version of the print driver activation code, for a newer version of driver. Not only this, but this error can also occur, if the integrated QuickBooks PDF Converter or the driver licensed by QuickBooks is in use. This kind of error can be quite annoying to tackle, however, reading this blog post might help in that case.
If you are short of time, or if in case you find this error too difficult to tackle, then do not think much in contacting our technical support team via our toll-free number 1-844-857-4846. Our experts and highly qualified accountants and professionals are available round the clock to fix issue in the least possible time.
Sources of QuickBooks Error 41
- The QuickBooks error 41 can be seen due to the blue screen of death error while working on QuickBooks software
- Or, if the system is performing quite slow
- The error can also be seen, when the installation of QuickBooks on the working system is facing any kind of difficulty
- Another reason behind the occurrence of this error can be any kind of windows updating issue
- QuickBooks crashes or freezes for some time
- Also, if the QB software shuts down automatically
- This kind of error can also be seen if the user has opened up multiple applications at the same time on the system.
After you know the factors that are causing the issue, it is time to start with the fixation process.
Basic steps to fix the Error
The user can carry out some basic steps to fix the error code 41 in QuickBooks, which involves restarting the system:
- Click on the Start option and press the windows key
- And then click the right arrow next to the shutdown tab
- And lastly, select the restart option
At times, restarting the system resolved the issues. Thus, carrying out this basic step is recommended. However, if the error continues, make sure to continue with the advanced steps.
Methods to Fix QuickBooks error 41
Checkout the below given methods in order to resolve QuickBooks error -41:
Method 1: QuickBooks Print & PDF Repair tool from QuickBooks tool hub
Step 1- Download and install QuickBooks Tool hub
- First of all, close the QuickBooks software
- And then, download the QuickBooks Tool hub file, followed by saving the file somewhere
- After that, the user needs to open the file downloaded i.e. QuickBooksToolHub.exe.
- Once done with that, the user is supposed to carry out the on screen prompts, in order to install and agree to the terms and conditions
- The next step in the process is to double click the icon on the Windows Desktop to open the QuickBooks tool hub, when the install finishes.
- The point to be noted here is that, if the user is unable to find the icon, then he/she is supposed to search it in windows and then select the Program.
Step 2- Run PDF & Print repair tool from the QuickBooks tool hub
- The user is required to select the Program Problems option in the QuickBooks tool hub
- Followed by selecting QuickBooks PDF & Print Repair Tool. This might take a few minutes to run.
- And then, the user needs to make an attempt to print, email, or save as a PDF from QuickBooks desktop.
The user can move to the next solution, in case the error doesn’t get fixed.
Method 2: Resetting the temp folder permissions
Step 1- Reset the temp folder permissions
In case the error continues to appear on the screen, the user needs to reboot the system and then try once again. The user is needed to check the folder permissions to the TEMP folder:
- Firstly, press Windows + R keys, which would open up the Run window on the screen
- And then, type in %TEMP% and then hit Enter key
- Moving ahead, the user needs to right click the empty area of the temp folder, followed by selecting the Properties option
- The next step in the process is to click on the Security tab.
- Now, the user needs to make sure that all the usernames and groups on the security tab have Full Control
- The last step in the process is to save as a PDF again within QuickBooks, after the permissions have been set up to Full Control.
Step 2: Verifying you can print to the XPS
The user is supposed to confirm that he/she can print to the XPS Document writer.
- Open up the notepad.
- And then, type in Test, followed by selecting the file and then selecting the Print option
- After that, the user needs to select the XPS document writer and then hit Print option
- The next step in the process is to type a filename and then save it to the desktop.
- Moving ahead, the user should move to the desktop and then see the XPS document that has been printed from the notepad.
Method 3: Disabling the services from startup
- In this method, the user is required to hit the Start tab and then type in misconfigure in the open box
- The next step is to select the disable all option
- Followed by opening the startup tab and picking the disable all and ok option respectively
- The process will then require rebooting the system
- And then, in case the system configuration utility option displays on the screen, then the user will have to authenticate the Don’t show message or start the system configuration utility
- After that, hit OK option.
- And then, reopen the QuickBooks software to confirm that the QuickBooks error code 41 is fixed.
Method 4: Downloading and installing the Fix tool
- The very first step in this method is to download and install the fix tool.
- Followed by selecting the Scan option
- Along with that, the user needs to click on the Repair option, in order to fix all the errors, once the scan process is complete
- The last step in this process is to restart the QuickBooks software and then look for the error, whether it exists or not.
Method 5: Uninstalling and reinstalling the USB composite device
- Firstly, click on the Start option
- And then, add devmgmt.msc in the run window and hit enter key
- The next step is to select the plus sign
- And click on the USB composite device
- Moving ahead, the user needs to click on the uninstall option and then hit OK key
- And then, reconnect the USB cable with the PC
The user needs to follow the directives for installing the drivers in the found new:
- Firstly, right click the printer icon
- And then select the print test page for printing a windows self-test page
- And lastly, shut down all the windows opened on the system screen.
Performing any of the above discussed solutions can work well in fixing the QuickBooks error code 41. This error code can be a bit frustrating, but carrying out the rectification methods in a proper manner might work well. However, if you feel that this error is too tough to be fix, or if you want a team of experts and certified professionals to fix the issue for you, then feel free to contact our QuickBooks enterprise support team via our toll-free number 1844-857-4846, and we will be there to assist you in a single call.
Our experts will be available round the clock to fix the error for you. Thus, do not waste your time in thinking much, simply reach us today! We will be happy to help you!