Are you searching for a list of foods and easy exercises to boost your spine health? Yes! Then never miss reading this article. Maintaining your spine health, especially when you have a compromised immune system is not an easy chore. While you are trying hard to navigate between your professional and the personal life, paying more attention in choosing the right food choices and exercises remains a difficult task. Taking care of the spine is of utmost importance as it helps in reducing degeneration in various parts of the body and thus helps to keep the back structure strong and healthy. Now you will be wondering about the type of foods and exercises you need to include in your daily life to improve spine health. Well! Here we have listed a few food habits and stretches that you can try for ideal spinal health. Keep reading the post now!
Best foods to improve spine health:
The foods loaded with vitamins, minerals, and nutrients should be added in the diet regularly to keep your muscles and bones healthy especially as you age. This is because ageing can make the bones brittle and muscles weaker.
- Dairy products: Yes! We all know that calcium is very important for bones, joints, and muscles. Add cheese, yoghurt, milk, and other dairy products daily in your diet. Get only the daily recommended levels of these products as too much consumption may increase your cholesterol and fat in the body. If you are unable to meet your daily calcium levels through foods, then taking calcium supplements is a must. Get the best calcium supplements available in the market from any trusted online medical store and get them delivered at your doorstep.
- Plant-based proteins: Intake of plant-based proteins improves spinal health. Add beans, chia seeds, and lentils daily in your diet to meet your mineral, vitamins, antioxidants, and fibre levels in the body.
- Avocados: Use avocados and say no to back pain! Avocados are loaded with healthy fats, which are great for your spinal health. Throw some avocados in salads, tasty meals, or try making a smoothie to boost your nutrient level in the body.
- Fatty fish: Fatty fish are rich in omega-3 fatty acids. Adding salmon in your diet helps to keep your bones, tissues, and muscles healthy. One of the biggest advantages you to include fatty fish in the diet due to its anti-inflammatory properties.
- Nuts: A handful of nuts is your spine’s best friend. Try incorporating almonds, cashew nuts, walnuts, pecan nuts, Brazil nuts, to name a few in your daily diet to improve the musculoskeletal system. Add nuts to your favourite dish or sprinkle some nuts in smoothies, salads, or add while making your favourite snack bar.
Best exercises for spine health:
Here we have listed five best exercises for spine health. Let’s check them out below:
- Spinal flexion exercise: Lie on your back and pull your knees to your chest while pushing your head forward until you feel relaxed.
- Hip stretches to heel tight hips: Getting pains in the lower back are quite normal. The hip stretches help to relax your muscles. Just widen your leg apart, pull your right leg backwards and bend your left knee and transfer the weight to the right leg. Now, repeat the same way with your left leg as well.
- Chin to chest stretch: This is one of the best stretches to relieve back pain. Lie down on the back, bend your right leg, and now bring your head forward until the chin touches the chest. Repeat with the left leg as well. This helps to relieve tension from the back.
If you are new to the exercise regimen, consult the doctor before you include any exercise in your routine. If you feel pain while doing, stop doing the exercise immediately and consult the doctor. Sometimes, your doctor may prescribe medicines or topical creams to ease the back pain. If medicines are prescribed order them from a trusted online drug store at the comfort of your home.
A good intake of foods and regular exercise should be your best friend, to reduce spinal-related issues. So, pick healthy foods and follow a healthy lifestyle to boost overall health and well-being.