The casino experience is peerless. It is a fun adventure filled with brimming opportunities and stories. While you get to watch grand casinos’ world-class shows, premium-quality gourmet dishes, and best nightlife, the experience would still be incomplete without giving yourself a try to play and win baccarat. Or, on this page, its variant called Chemin de Fer.
Slots may be the champion of the global casino market, but it will never supersede the classic card game of baccarat. This is because it was initially played by elite societies back then, which is now often found in casinos’ private and high-limit rooms. Now with live dealer baccarat, both big and small spenders alike could play in one session through online streaming.
Chemin de Fer
Baccarat has three popular variants: Punto Banco (famously played in North America), Banque (à deux tableaux), and Chemin de Fer or Chemmy (baccarat’s first and original version). When most people talk about baccarat’s basic rules, they actually refer to Punto Banco as it is very common in both land-based and online casinos. As for this page, get to play and win Bond’s favourite baccarat version: Chemin de Fer.
- The big table requires a minimum of eight players and a maximum of 12 players.
- The table’s card shoe turns around the players in a counterclockwise manner.
- Unlike with Punto Banco and Banque, you play against other players in Chemmy.
- The cards’ values are still similar to other baccarat variants.
How to bet on Chemmy
- Prior to wagering the bets, players must identify which is the banker. Throughout the game, all players must take turns to be the banker.
- All bankers are the first to denote the amount of their wager. It must be the highest since they are liable to cover the rest of the players’ bets.
- Players will follow their bets. Their amounts could level the bankers’ maximum bet.
How to win Chemmy
- After betting, the croupier will deal two cards for players and another set of two cards for the banker. The basic goal here is to get as close to 8 or 9 as possible.
- Once the cards have been dealt, both players and banker will look at their cards. Whichever side is closest to the target wins.
- Another distinct feature of Chemmy is the option to have a third card (draw) if neither of the sides has the winning hand. They could change their hands by hitting or standing. This rule makes Chemmy longer than the other variants. Just think of it as if you were rewarded with several bonuses in slots.
Here are the rules for the banker and players.
For the players
|Total||The player shall…|
|0 to 4||draws|
|5||draws or stands|
|6 or 7||stands|
|8 or 9||wins|
For the banker
|Total||The banker draws…||The banker stands…|
|0 to 2||draws|
|3||1 to 7 or 10||8|
|4||2 to 7||1, 8, 9, or 10|
|5||5 to 7||1, 2, 3, 8, 9 or 10|
|6||6 to 7||1 to 5, 8, 9 or 10|
|8 or 9||win out the hand|