We are going to perform the ij.start.canon setup
Remove the Printer from the Package.
Peel off the tape and remove the canon printer from the printer package. Make sure that the package is not unwrapped before your peel off the tape. Then take off the canon printer from the package and place the printer in a safe place. Remove all the paper coverings on the printer. Next, process the printer to the Canon printer setup.
Connect the Printer to the power supply
Remove the power cable from the package. Hook up the one end of the power cable to the printer. Then connect the other end of the power cable to the power wall outlet. If there is an issue on the power supply don’t plug in the power cables to the printer as this may lead to the troubleshooting issue on the printer
Provide the initial settings on the ij.start.canon
Enter the date, language, and location, time on the printer. As this is the basic settings on the printer. You must provide the settings on the control panel of the printer
Install the ink cartridge to the Printer
Once you power up the printer, you need to open the access door. Take the ink cartridge from the printer package and check that there is any damage to the ink cartridge. If not, then peel off the plastic wrap from the ink cartridge and load the ink cartridge to their particular slots. Check that the status light turns on after loading the ink cartridge to the printer. After loading the ink cartridge then close the access door
Loading the papers to the input tray
Take a bunch of suitable papers to print on the Canon printer. Insert the papers to the input tray and arrange the papers to avoid the paper jam on the printer. Make sure that there is no issue on the printer after completing all the Canon printer setup.
After the initial ij.start canon/ts3150, it is good to check that there is an issue on the printer or not. This allows the printer to process the alignment print out and check that the problem persists on the printer.
Wireless network connection for the canon printer
After all the initial canon.com/ijsetup, you need to configure the printer with the network. So process the steps for the wireless network setup to the canon printer. In the canon printer, there are two types of wireless network method. They are WPS method and the LAN setup with SSID
Steps for the WPS method
For this WPS method, you need to ensure that the printer and the router are compatible with processing the WPS method. Read the manual of the printer and the router and check that the WPS push button is available on the printer and the router. If it is available, you can process for the settings on the WPS method
- Turn on the printer and the router
- Press and hold the WI-FI option on the printer control panel
- Press until the alarm light flashes once
- Then on the router, press and hold the WPS push button on the router
- Wait for some time until the blue light flashes on the printer control panel
After the network settings to confirm the printer connectivity, you need to take a test print of the network settings and check that the connection is active. If yes, then the printer is configured to the network.
Steps for the LAN setup with SSID name
- Turn on the printer
- And select the tap on the network option from the settings
- Choose the wireless LAN settings option
- Then tap on the yes option to enable the settings
- Now choose the SSID settings option from the list
- Then wait until the printer gets your SSID name on the list
- After you get the SSID name, you can process by entering the password of your router and process the steps
- Once you establish the network check that the blue light flashed on the WI-FI option the printer panel
After the network connection allows the printer to print the test print page and check that the network is active.
Canon Printer Driver Installation Steps for the Windows
- Load the CD that came along with the printer on the windows
- Then extract the driver file from the printer
- After the extraction make sure you add the printer to the windows
- Once you complete the setup for the printer on the windows, open the driver file
- Then accept for the terms and condition to install the driver to the printer
- After the installation process check that there are any issues on the printer because of the new driver
Canon Printer Driver Installation Steps for the Mac
- Open the browser on the MAC device.
- Then surf to the canon site and type the model number of the printer to the get the compatible drivers to the printer
- After you get the compatible driver to the printer as well as to the operating system
- Download and locate the driver on the MAC device
- Once the download is completed, add the printer to the MAC device and process for the driver installation steps
- Similarly, take the test print after the driver installation to check that there is an issue on the printer
Troubleshooting Issues in canon.com/ijsetup
Could not able to turn on the Printer
If you face this issue on the printer, then you need to check that there are any power fluctuations. Or else check that your printer is plugin to the correct port for the power supply. To rectify the issue, you need to remove the USB cable from the printer. Then check that the problem persists
Canon Printer is Not Printing.
If your printer is not printing, then you need to check that there is an issue in placing the ink cartridge to the printer. Also, check that you need to replace the ink cartridge to the printer. Check that there is dust on the print head; if yes, then clean them and try to print now.